Thursday, December 15, 2011

It has been a while...

Sorry to anyone who reads my blog that it's been quite some time since I've updated. Admittedly, I'm working 2 jobs currently, so it takes out a huge chunk of time, especially around the holidays.

What time I do have is set aside for writing, and I am currently working on Purgatory Road, the follow-up sequel to The Orphaned Ones, so I'm as productive as I can be with that.

I suppose I'll be honest and say that I'm a bit disappointed with my book sales. It hasn't been a great few months, but a couple things have happened that give me encouragement to continue.

Blue Car Racer has been more popular, and one of stepmom's friends works in a school up in Holland, NY and told the librarian about my book, and she promptly ordered 2 copies for the school library, for which I was very grateful =)

So I'm in a library! It's a small town to be honest, but it really meant the world to me. I still have to head up to my old high school at some point soon to give a copy to my favorite old English teacher and I'll ask if they want my book at the school as well.

That would give me quite a rise, actually, because I sort of hated that school and so it would be my version of giving them the finger by implanting my stories and ideas in the hearts and minds of the new generation of youth haha =)

But no, it would probably garner more attention because Parkland is a HUGE school with a great influence in the local media, so it would actually be very good for my writing career. They're like a small college campus-sized place, seriously.

Anyway, that's about all I can think of for now.

Also, I should mention that I'll be putting out a FREE series of ebooks on WattPad or whatever other platform I can find that allows me to give away my books for free.

My first experiment in this will be a 10-part series called The Chronicles Of Burntown, USA about a rural town that has been cut off from the rest of the United States after an electromagnetic pulse, and the kids and teens turn to drug abuse and partying as a way of escaping their boring lives. Meanwhile, someone starts finding these strange circular devices with flashing lights out in the fields. The story will be a tie-in to another book I have planned called The Swarm, and you eventually find out what the devices are.

As far as when I finish Burntown, I'll compile the series into a single novel and post it on Amazon for 99 cents on Kindle and $8.99 for paperback.

So that's about all I have for an update. I actually tried writing a bit of Burntown for NaNoWriMo, but I got too wrapped up in Purgatory Road to continue, so I failed the contest, but I did get a fair amount of writing done, which I'm glad I could do considering my horrendous work schedule.

So that's all I really have. Sorry this sorta sucks, I'm on my iPhone at the moment and a bit pressed for time, but I'll try to post more frequently.

Later =)


No comments:

Post a Comment